Learn more about our operations.
About Sims Limited and Sims Metal
With over 100 years of scrap metal experience, Sims Metal, a division of Sims Limited, is a world leading publicly listed metal recycler. Sims Metal buys, processes and sells ferrous and non-ferrous metals. Our operations are geographically diverse with facilities in five continents, including North America, Australia, New Zealand and the United Kingdom. Many of our facilities feature deep-water port access and are supported by a large network of feeder yards from which we source recyclable scrap metals.
Sims Metal buys ferrous metal from metal dealers, households, auto wreckers, demolition firms and others who generate scrap metal, and from manufacturers who generate industrial metal.
We source non-ferrous metals from manufacturers, known as production offcuts, and from generators of electricity, telecommunication service providers, as well as others, who generate obsolete metal. Households, tradespersons and metal dealers also deliver material directly to our facilities.
We offer customized recycling services and solutions to meet the individual needs of commercial and industrial scrap metal producers. Our goal is to ensure that each client receives the highest level of customer service and efficiency.
Our services include:
- Fair-market scrap metal prices
- State and federally certified scales
- Accountability and control procedures including numbered and dated receipts, certified scale tickets and checks that reference both the receipt and scale tickets
- Weighing programs – no cost weighing procedures
- Simple techniques to upgrade the value of your material
Our facilities are capable of handling a wide variety of ferrous and nonferrous metals, combined with years of experience to handle any job for your business. We service accounts nationally and internationally, and buy material from scrap metal dealers throughout the world.
By nature, sustainability is at the core of our business. It is a path to deliver on our purpose: Create a world without waste to preserve our planet. We aim to be the world’s safest and most responsible recycling company by creating a zero-harm workplace, and by acting as responsible stewards of the environment. Sims Metal believes excellence in safety, health, environment, community and sustainability practices is vital to the well-being of our people and essential to all aspects of our business. We are looking to deliver long-term value to our employees, suppliers, customers, and partners by doing what is good for the planet, as well as what is good for our business. To that end, we are strengthening our commitment to sustainability by supporting four of the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals: Decent Work and Economic Growth; Responsible Consumption and Production; Climate Action; and Partnerships for the Goals. As the world faces growing global issues of waste management and resource scarcity, one could make an even stronger business case for recycling. The entire Sims Limited family, including Sims Metal, believes sustainability is more than just recycling, it is rescuing the past to ensure the future.
- Safety – Safety will always be our first priority. We believe that all injury incidents are preventable and we are committed to a goal of zero injuries.
- Integrity – We conduct all business with integrity and adhere to the highest standard of ethical business conduct.
- Respect – We will treat each other, our customers, visitors and community members with respect and dignity.
- Transparency – We ensure a sense of appropriate transparency in everything we do.
- Excellence – We commit to excellence in everything we do and champion continuous improvement and sharing of best practices across the country.
- Social Responsibility – We aim to be the world’s safest and most sustainable recycling company.
Learn more about our operations.