24-Hour Service, Seven Days a Week
Our facility is located on the Providence River and encompasses over nine (9) acres of land with 1000 ft. of river frontage. Promet can provide material handling via rail or water. Rail service enters our facility from Allens Avenue and extends to our 600 ft. concrete pier, which has 38 feet MLW.
Two Deepwater Berths for Ships up to 700 Ft.
Depths of 38 feet MLW and 25 Feet MLW can accommodate large ocean-going ships, and shore-side steam is available.
Fully Qualified Pipefitters and Trade Craftsmen
Welders and pipefitters are certified to standards required by the US Navy, US Coast Guard and American Bureau of Shipping. We offer the following in-shop and mobile services: welding, brazing, high pressure pipe, stainless, aluminum and copper nickel. We employ rigging specialists who are experienced in working on commercial and US Military vessels.
- Electrical repair capabilities include motor re-winding trouble-shooting, installation and service on electric motors, marine wiring, marine lighting and generators.
- Diesel engine repairs. We provide dependable service on main drives and generator drives.
- Fully equipped and staffed machine shop on hand for parts manufacture.
- Mechanics and machinists provide complete machine shop services and repair of condensers and heat exchangers.
- Below waterline repairs evaluated by divers.
- Painting and sandblasting services.